Flex Academies’ summer day camp is for kids entering Pre K 3 to 6th grade looking for enrichment and fun this summer! Camps will be an exciting mix of fun indoor and outdoor activities such as sports, arts and crafts, and games, including weekly water days with water balloons and relays. Special events will be offered throughout the summer.
- This can’t miss camp offers week long sessions with full- and half-day options and before- and after-care.
- Activities are led by our warm and welcoming staff, and Flex Academies’ vendor partners from the school year.
- Camps will be an exciting mix of fun indoor and outdoor activities with weekly themes. Your child can expect a day packed with sports, arts and crafts, and games. Special events and demonstrations from our local enrichment providers will be offered throughout the summer.
Approximate daily schedule:
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am – Check-in/Free Play/Rules
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am – Kids are broken up into different age groups and the first round of games and activities are played
- 10:15 am – 10:30 am – Morning Snack
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am – Second rotation of games/activities
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm – Third rotation of games/activities
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm – Lunch
- 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm – Free Play/Relax Time
- 1:45 pm – 2:30 pm – First rotation of afternoon games/activities
- 2:30 pm – 2:45 pm – Afternoon snack
- 2:45 pm – 3:30 pm – Second rotation of afternoon games/activities
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm – Free Play/Clean Up/Pick Up
Before-care will be offered from 8 AM until regular camp activities start at 9 AM. Aftercare will be available when regular camp activities end at 4 PM, and will go until 6 PM.
We were so grateful that Flex organized a summer camp at Langley. It provided a seamless transition into summer for our daughter, who had just finished PK3 and was excited every morning to rejoin many of her classmates in a familiar school environment, and to meet so many new friends as well! The staff were warm, welcoming, and energetic, and always went the extra mile to plan enriching and themed activities for campers while also allowing them enough time for free play and wind-down activities. I can't imagine what we would have done if there hadn't been such a high-quality and affordable option right in our own neighborhood. We look forward to sending our daughter back this coming summer!
Lauren Kunis, Parent, Washington, DC
As PTA we were thrilled to co-organize summer camp with Flex Academies. This was the first summer camp that we were able to offer and our community really appreciated it. Langley parents liked that students could stay in their routine, having familiar teachers and being in the same building and neighborhood families appreciated that the camp was open to them and that they had a short commute. The camp was also extremely well run and everyone had a lot of fun. As Flex Academics gives parts of the profit to the PTA, it also helped us to generate funding. We look forward to keep working with Flex Academics and offering more camps.
Kathrin, Parent, Washington, DC