The safety of the students in our care has always been a top priority. This year, back to school looks a bit different and we’ve implemented additional protocol in accordance with CDC and school district recommendations.
- All staff members must complete a background check through Flex. In addition, each team member is fingerprinted and a second background check conducted by DCPS, per district requirements.
- Our team members are required to be vaccinated unless there is a medical/religious exemption. If an exemption is in place, a weekly negative test will be required. This mirrors DCPS policy.
- Children and staff, regardless of vaccination status, will be expected to wear a mask at all times. The only exception to this is during snack time. Weather permitting, every effort will be made to have snacks outside, while maintaining a safe distance.
- We intend to hold as many activities outside as possible, including games we might have otherwise have conducted inside.
- The team will do their best to have all students consistently maintain three feet of distance between their Flexmates.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at all times in the program.
- Surfaces will be wiped down, sprayed, etc. each day to help prevent the spread of germs.
- If a child appears to be unwell, we will isolate and call authorized caregivers to pick up as soon as possible.
With the support of our teammates, school staff, and parents, we look forward to year of great before and after care programs.